Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Equilibrium

At the edge of the cliff,
the angel spread his massive wings
ready to take flight to the heavens above.

Upon his flight
he still wore that smile---
a symmetrical curl of lips.

The lips that a mere mortal woman like me could not deny,
that there was at least once I was tempted to kiss.

But I loathed him.
Surely there's some unspeakable scum beneath what he seems to be?

A green eye monster she must be,
to tear apart such a beautiful being.

But contrary to the hissing rumours,
I tear apart too, a phantom that dwells in his realm of shadows.
To seek an angelic smile upon his face that's shrouded beneath his hood.

In the position of where I lay,
between a fleeing angel and a phantom enraged,
my puddle of tears reflected my face.

Sunken the eyes were,
cast in shadows like the phantom.
I could barely recall the angelic smile on my very own face.

I withdrew my angst,
and got up on my feet.

It was only today,
where I've got to see myself again
did I realised that---

I was broken inside,
only because I failed to mend it.

For hating all whom I loved and never loved me,
I too, had never loved myself.

No comments: