Sunday, May 25, 2008

Love for My Phantom

Can't you see,
my love?

I have always braved the shadows
to look for you.

I know you longed for light,
so I have always brought you
glows of hope.

But my beloved,
while I quench your thirst for light,
do you quench mine for your love?

I am the bearer of light to your life,
but darling,
you care only the light I brought forth.

Many a times I was told to leave you alone,
to mellow in angst,
and die of despair.

But everytime I walked pass a shadow,
it pains me that you're suffering inside.

My dear phantom,
even the angel dims in comparison to you.
A perfect being such as He,
doesn't lovingly bathes me in anguish
like you do.

Oh,
my dear phantom,
perhaps it's time
to stick a dagger in your heart.

With the hurt you'll feel
that lasts only for a second,
perhaps it will stop
the hurt I feel because of you.

No comments: