Saturday, March 15, 2008

Loved and Still Loving

We were walking down the road,
in a place that seems to be a collage of real-life Singapore.
I had arms twined around your arm.
And in a moment of bliss,
I dared to bury my face into your chest.
I smelt a faint cologne that I know you will never wear.

You smiled at this little act of atrocity.
And with the strength of the arm that I clung to,
you got me off my feet.
I hugged on tightly,
laughing and marvelling as my toes skimmed the floor.
You were laughing and smiling at me;
just like the way I always wanted you to.

At the end of the road,
reality then set in.
Your hands cupped mine in a hesitant attempt to prise them off your arm.
But that moment of bliss was all I ever wanted.
So with just tinge of sorrow that it's over so soon,
I let go.

There wasn't physical closeness anymore.
But we went further down the road as each other's closest friend.
-----------------------------------------------
Funny what kind of dreams afternoon naps bring.
Haha.
When reality is infused even to your dreams,
you know that your heart has pretty much accepted the facts.

12 days.

1 last day of drowning in sorrow.

4 days to join the vibe of solid reality.
Met new friends.
Revealing the mask that fantasy had painted on an old friend.
Drawing a full circle to what has always been an incomplete saga.

3 days to share around the last of my sorrow and pain.
The people that had been listening,
had the obligation to know.

On D-day,
I've got it all down.
and were closer than ever.

Today, at 4 in the morning,
I told the story in a whole new way.

I had loved.
And am getting ready to love again.

No comments: