Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Malt Without Alcohol

That's life for me now.
Leaving a trail of fagrance on my tongue without subjecting me to a drunken mess.

Alcohol were flints of escapism that I gladly dispensed to myself.
I was sinking and rising.
Bobbing up and down like a coconut in unchartered waters.

I used to wake up with my veins laden heavy.
My mind was filled with obsession.
My heart wrenched with grief.
Body hit with a seizure that flipped my insides out.

The damp grainy sand that scratched my cheeks isn't exactly the best feeling.
But a solid shore meant that I finally get a break off my struggles.

The clothes that clinged onto my skin were as heavy as the responsiblities I now carry.
It feels sticky as I basked under the afternoon heat, but it was warmth at the very least.

Looking at the my plight, you may think I'm left with nothing.
I knew I almost died.
But the scars left on my body, they were stories to tell some other day.
You may think now my struggles are now fruitless, so high was my stake, but with the very last chip I have won back my freedom.

And I am moving on.
On everything about love, I am not giving up yet.
Flipping my lucky chip in my hand, I will be on another voyage.
But not yet.
I am feeling fatigue.
Tired out physically, that can be cured with sleep.

In the shade underneath a palm tree, my mind begin to form an intricate blueprint for my next escapade.

Next time, he will be there at the finish line that mark the end of my search.

Two will make a whole.
Many cling onto another for support until they finally found their other half.
While fate made me brave this alone.
Thus I am, and become one of the bravest people he will ever know.

I shall stop searching but bide my time.
Learn to shake my booty, until he come by.
There will be no more gamble, it will be his game.

I will be waiting for him.
Right here.

For a game as we drink non alcoholic malt.

No comments: