Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Clash of Confusion

"Fate has a way of encircling a man."

I have had a most wonderful dream.
A dream so real, I could almost feel, taste and smell everything.

When I woke up from that dream, I was desperate to go back in again.
I pressed my head against the pillow as close as possible, trying get closer to that dreams once more.
I tried crying myself back to sleep.
I lived everyday in subconciousness.
I waited for bedtime everyday.

So imagine how I felt when I finally decide to wake up from that dream,a part of my dream materialised before me.

So solid.
I was trembling from head to toe.
It cannot be.

It is so unreal now.
Whatever happened was a dream.

Right?

I could almost hear Fate snigger in mockery.

It must be. Not---

Not after so much pains to delude myself; that it was just a dream.

Just a few hours ago, I thought I had made a mistake.
But with her appearance, Fate slammed the hard truth in my face and snubbed it in.

I have tried to avoid it, so why must Fate bring it back once more?

And as Fate watched on with glee, I took a chance upon this cross between the two worlds of reality and surreality once more.

I made a run for it.
And fell deeper into another of Fate's trap , yet again.
I made a struggle.
If my dream isn't unreal, then---

I can finally live happily once more.
Like how I've always wanted.

I could almost see the wooden door.
Yes, that door to all that wonders.

I almost felt the doorknob in my hands.
I could almost smell that sweet air beyond it.

So close.

The door vanished.
Faded in a wisp at my fingertips.

And Fate laughed maniacally.
It was once again another test.

So much resolutions said to put it to rest.
Fate dug it up to tempt me once more.

Good one, Fate. You have pulled on a great one on me this time.

2 comments:

ashraf said...

well Jinnie,


Dreams, are just dreams.


though, I did dream about you and some other people a few nights ago. pity i can't remember what is it about O.O

persephone said...

Thanks for commenting. xDDD