Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scars

As usual, I had music pumping in my ears.
But today, I was moving along the vibe of my surroundings.
I spied a good looking guy shaking his legs on the bench and conspicuously sat beside him.
A coy smile curled around my lips.
For even all he did was to move over to give me more seat, I had accomplished my mischievous deeds.

For once, the plastic chair felt solid beneath me.
My feet were tapping along the rhythm of the train speeding along its tracks.

Unburdened.
Moving with ease.
Barely thinking.
Breathing for my own.

The warmth from the sunlight trapped within my cardigan.
The wetness of the water drops that fell from the aircon onto my jeans.

The train sped on into the underground.
There was the momentary moment, where sunlight seemed to lose it reach.
Neon lights took over.
Suddenly, I heard him whisper.
"This train ride is freaking long, it's going to take a while."

The water drops on my jeans evaporated.
The rhythm of train begun to sound like yesterday.
The warmth in my cardigan felt like those in his oversized jacket.

I was barely feeling anything, I was just watching.
Flashbacks running in my empty mind like reeling films.

"Changi Airport."

I stood up.
I slipped back into myself.
The music fade back into my ears.
My feet started to feel the solid ground.

The cool tiles against my tattered shoes were once my most feared terrain.
Now my eyes no longer search for him in the crowds that passed me by.
My mind stayed focus on what was going on.
My heart pumped life in my veins and not with anxiety.
And I was truely happy with the people I have around me.

He has got new plans and I'm not on his list.
I have got new plans and he's not on my list.
He had changed, changed his mind.
And I have learnt his ways.
He still breathes in the air that I breathe, but I could never reach him again.
I will still meet him someday, but he can't move me agian.
He will still look the same, but somehow he's not the person I once knew.
And so will I.

Some wounds do leave scars.
And everytime the train goes through the tunnel beneath the earth, I will be haunted by that memory so beautiful and rare in my life.
But it doesn't matter.

Scars may be unpleasant,
but at least they no longer hurt.
------------------------------------

Finally something I hope everyone understands.

No comments: